Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Why can't I find the time to Blog?

I love to write, and I have plenty of witty and interesting things to say about being a Mom and trying to figure out this whole parenting gig (really), and I love to puruse other mommy bloggers out there.....but I just can't seem to find the time to get my views down on (virtual) paper, much less out there into the world.  As I browse some of my favorite mom blogs I marvel at how and when they manage to catalog the chaos and hilarity of their lives while simultaneously living them.  The other day when reading the bio of one of my favs it hit me.  I'm OLD!!!
I think one of the biggest blocks to me finding time to blog is that the computer is not engrained into my world the way it is for someone even 5 or 6 years younger than me.  Sure, I have used a computer as long as I can remember, but the computer still feels like a work tool to me, and all it's wonderful forms of electronic communication are still sort of secondary to a good old fashioned phone call or meeting for coffee.
It is crazy to think about (since I feel so young) the fact that when I graduated from college email was something the nerdy kids went to the computer lab to access.  The internet was just being invented.  I grew up using a computer to replace a typewriter and calculator....not a phone or photo album (or friends)....and certainly not to publish your diary to the world. 
In my life finding time to sit at my computer is a work task that most often falls too low on the priority list to get done on a daily basis.  I think most young people today have a different relationship with their laptop and it feels more fluid....like a tool that is beside them to help them through the day...instead of a distraction only to be used when everything else is done.
I think it is time for a new outlook!!

No comments:

Post a Comment